The Albany Herald is accepting nomination forms for Southwest Georgia’s 40 Under Forty. Deadline for nominations is May 12, 2017. Email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 229-438-3200.
Prepare to Certify as a Project Management Professional
The PMP® is truly global. As a PMP®, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
The PMP® designation also increases your earning potential. A certified PMP® earns 20 percent more than their non-certified peers according to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition. The Project Management Institute requires candidates take 36 hours of education before sitting for the exam. Albany Technical College’s Center for Business Solutions offers a 36-hour PMP® Overview which satisfies this educational requirement and improves your potential for success in the PMP® program.
Dates and Times: May 15-19, 2017, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (over at noon on Friday)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 1
Call 229-430-3867 to register.
On Tuesday, April 18, 2017, at 1 p.m. the SOWEGA Council on Aging will host Engage with CO-AGE: Putting Aging Issues in the Spotlight.
The Coalition of Advocates for Georgia’s Elderly (CO-AGE) was begun and is led by the Georgia Council on Aging. The coalition is meant to be:
- a forum to identify and address concerns of older Georgians
- a vehicle for bringing broad-based input on aging issues from across the state
- a diverse group of organizations, individuals, consumers and providers interested in “aging specific” and inter-generational issues
- a unifying force communicating the importance of providing supportive communities and adequate services & programs for older Georgians
This event is free and open to the public. All citizens that are concerned with aging issues are encouraged to attend.
Pinterest, Instagram and Video for Business
125 Pine Avenue, Albany, GA
Thursday, April 27, 2017
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Key Takeaways Will Include:
• Understand the importance of a business presence on visual social networking sites.
• Build a brand identity using images and visual content marketing.
• Learn how to use video as a marketing tool.
• Understand how good visuals impact marketing success.
• Update marketing strategy with visual tactics best suited for business.
$49 for this session or sign up for any of our other marketing courses
Develop successful marketing strategies to build relationships with customers and grow your business now.
• April 27th – Pinterest/Instagram/Video for Business
• May 11th – Digital Strategies for Your Marketing Plan
• May 25th – Using LinkedIn to Build Influence
Location: 125 Pine Avenue, Albany, GA
To sign up for all three classes contact Nathan Arnold at the Albany SBDC office to register by email email@example.com or by phone at 229-420-1144.
GraceWay Recovery Residence for Women offers Ethics & Boundaries Continuing Education Conference on April 21, presented by Jim Seckman. Register here now. $60. Lunch provided at The Bread House & Granary.
University of Georgia Small Business Development Center offers Mobile Marketing and Online Strategy class for local businesses
April 13, 2017
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
125 Pine Avenue, Albany, GA 31701
With the speed of change in technology, business owners should periodically look at their marketing efforts and engage in up to date marketing methods. The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) announces a class focused on mobile marketing and online strategies in Albany on April 13, 2017. In this class, business owners and managers can learn effective marketing strategies that allow them to reach their customers on the wherever they are- at work, home, or on the go. The class will also focus on strategies to build a successful online business presence so that customers find the business when searching online.
This class will be a strategy session that gives business owners and marketing managers a new look at how some of the top small businesses are reaching their customers. The class is designed for business owners to learn effective mobile marketing and online strategies and discover how they can use them to build relationships with customers and drive sales. The main objectives of the class will be for business owners and managers to understand how to:
- Learn how mobile marketing strategies change the way we do business.
- Learn Best Practices for Mobile Marketing
- Learn to build an effective online presence so that customers find them when searching online.
- Learn formulas for being found online and driving traffic to your website.
- Learn how to build searchable content that improves your online presence.
The class will be held from 9 AM – 11 AM in the Candy Room at 125 Pine Avenue, Albany, GA. 31701.
Debbie Finney, Area Director for UGA SBDC in Albany and instructor for this program, has this to say about the program:
“We are constantly connected today by multiple devices – smart phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers. Consumers are using multiple devices to find businesses and make buying decisions. The marketing challenge for businesses today is to include mobile and online strategies that reach customers on multiple devices wherever they are. And, having a great online presence is very important so that customers find your business when searching online. In this class business owners and mangers will learn best marketing practices to effectively reach customers and to be found in our mobile world.”
Registration is available online at www.georgiasbdc.org/mobile-marketing-and-online-strategies/ or you can register by phone by calling (229)420-1144.
The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides tools, training and resources to help Georgia businesses grow and succeed. Designated as one of Georgia’s top providers of business assistance, the SBDC has 17 offices, including one in Albany, to serve the needs of Georgia’s business community. The Albany office serves for profit businesses in 27 South West Georgia Counties with no cost confidential consulting.
The Small Business Development Center, a Public Service and Outreach Extension of The University of Georgia, is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center is nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Nathan Arnold, 125 Pine Avenue, Suite 142, Albany, GA 31707, (229)420-1144
- $750 cash savings on m7 and i8 mattresses and sets
- 30% off pillows
- $100 in free bedding with the purchase of a mattress
- 12 month free financing with order total of $2,999.99 or less
- 24 month free financing with order total of $3,000-$6,999.99
- 36 month free financing with order total over $7,000