December 3, 2021
Albany Area Chamber announces ‘Albany Under 40’ category winners
Albany – The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce on Thursday recognized the finalists and announced the category winners of the 2021 Albany Under 40 Awards, a program that celebrates the Albany Area’s emerging leaders and professionals in a variety of business sectors, each representing a component of the area’s diversified talent pool and economy.
“The Albany Area is home to young leaders who are making their mark through excellence in their professions, through their innovation and through their commitment to building a stronger region,” said Barbara Rivera Holmes, president and CEO of the Albany Area Chamber. “We’re honored to recognize these diverse, outstanding professionals and proud they’ve chosen to live, work and invest in the Albany Area.”
Category finalists were announced in November and honored at Thursday’s evening awards reception at Pretoria Fields Brewery in downtown Albany. Category winners, selected from among the finalists, were announced at the event:
- Arts, Entertainment, Culinary Arts, Events, Tourism & Hospitality: Kirstin Collins, American Peanut Shellers Association
- Civics, Defense, Government & Public Affairs: Ronnie Alvin Pettiford Jr., city of Albany
- Financial & Insurance Services: Allison Daniels, Marcus, Inman & Daniels Wealth Advisors
- Innovation & Start-Ups: Maria Carr, Body Perfection Studio
- Journalism, Marketing & Public Relations: Kori Phillips Foy, WALB News Channel 10
- Manufacturing, Service Industries, Energy & Architecture: Brandon Senn, Mosquito Source
- Medicine & Health Care: Cindreka Marshall, The LEGACY Case Management
- Nonprofit Services: Don R. Johnson, The Challenger League
- Youth & Education: Dr. Koosh Desai, Medical College of Georgia — Southwest Georgia campus
The 2021 Albany Under 40 is sponsored by Albany Air Conditioning & Heating; Colony Bank; Southern AG Carriers; and Hughey & Neuman.
The 2021 Albany Under 40 Young Professional of the Year, selected from among the category winners, will be announced at the Albany Area Chamber 112th annual meeting next spring.