Horizons Community Solutions, Inc. Announces Retirement of Chief Executive Officer Diane Fletcher
August 31, 2017 | Albany, GA – Horizons Community Solutions, formerly the Cancer Coalition of South Georgia, announced today that CEO Diane Fletcher will be retiring effective October 1. Jennifer Johnston, Horizons’ Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer has been appointed interim CEO and will assume that role on October 1. Preparations for a nationwide search for a new CEO are underway.
Fletcher came to South Georgia in 2005 to be the first CEO of the nonprofit organization then called the Southwest Georgia Cancer Coalition. Over the past 12 years, with a committed Board of Directors and support from the State of Georgia, Phoebe Putney Health System, Tift Regional Health System, South Georgia Medical Center and others, Fletcher led the Cancer Coalition to become nationally recognized for its success in improving cancer prevention, early detection and control.
Building on that foundation, Fletcher helped the organization transition to what is now known as Horizons Community Solutions – continuing its work against cancer while expanding its mission to more broadly improve health in South Georgia’s communities. Her accomplishments include:
- Four Star Rating by Charity Navigator
- Community Cancer Screening Program recognized as a national best practice by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Cancer Institute, and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Groundbreaking obesity prevention research, in collaboration with the Emory Prevention Research Center
- Patient Assistance Program
- Leadership of statewide health initiatives
- Hundreds of collaborative partnerships to provide diverse services, programs and studies.
Dr. Ann Addison, Interim Chair, Horizons Board of Directors, stated, “We are grateful for Diane’s long and very productive service to the people of our region as CEO.” Fletcher expressed appreciation to the board members and many individuals involved in Horizons work over the years, and particularly to the organization’s dedicated staff members. “It’s been an honor and joy to be part of this work, and I’m confident Horizons will continue to be successful for many years to come!”
For more information about Horizons Community Solutions, please visit www.horizonscommunity.org or call 229-352-9100.
– ### –