With a focus on developing effective business, community and elected leaders and recognizing the unique strengths of each program toward that goal, Leadership Albany and the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership for Institute Development have merged into one program. The merger allows for the blend of the Leadership Albany program, which places a strong emphasis on building community trustees, and curriculum programs of the chamber’s Leadership Institute, which focuses on developing traits such as political awareness, media savvy and business leadership..
Leadership Albany was established in 1984 for the purpose of identifying and developing leaders in the Albany area, exposing them to issues and problems confronting the community, informing them about institutions in the community and providing a forum for the participants to better know each other. The program is designed to be an educational experience and as such takes no position and does not attempt to create a consensus or promote specific actions. Rather, it is hoped that the participants with their increased knowledge of the community, a heightened awareness of its institutions and familiarity with its leaders will involve themselves fully in community life and properly utilize their leadership abilities.
Leadership Albany’s 800+ graduates have gone on to serve the community in a variety of ways:
- Serving on community service boards
- As elected officials
- As volunteers
Because of their experience in the Leadership Albany program, alumni have organized and developed several projects such as:
- Keep Albany/Dougherty Beautiful (Clean Community Commission)
- Dougherty Leadership Development Institute (for persons with diverse abilities)
- Generation Success (regional student leadership program)
- Choices (helping 8th grade students understand importance of academic decisions)
- Established Dougherty County as a Ferst Foundation for Childhood Literacy community
- Summer mentoring and tutoring of Strive2Thrive families
Ambassadors serve as the welcome arm of the chamber, welcoming new members and promoting member involvement. Ambassadors represent the chamber at ribbon cuttings, ground breaking, Star Business of the Week and networking events such as Business After Hours and Rise N Shine Breakfasts.View List...
Jennifer Wilson Ameris Bank
Becky Elder Elder Enterprises LLC dba Liberty Tax Service
Candice Franklin Chehaw Park
Elvin Fluellen Cumulus
Glennette Goodbread Premium Web development
Jaye Lomax Park Inn & Suites by Radisen
Jim West Manna’s Café
Joanne B. Jasper Retired
John Antoniewicz Ant Hill Photography
Karen Luthman Aflac/Human Resources
Leonard Montgomery WSWG TV
Lesley Boling WFXL-Fox 31
Michael Fowler Coroner
Michele Bates Steve Perrine, State Farm Agency
Jeanelle Griffin Steve Perrine, State Farm Agency
Nathan Arnold University of Georgia (SBDC)
Richard Bolin Reeds
Brewer Turley Southern Point Staffing
Wanda Rowell Mediacom Business
Adel Brown Turner Job Corps
Jonathan McNeilly Kelly Services
Carrie Hutchinson Stewbos
Jennifer Dozier Fleming & Riles
Ann Slocumb Eagles of America
Ginger Faircloth Georgia Department of Labor
Drugs Don’t Work
Drug use in your business costs money, customers and lost productivity! The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce provides member companies with the necessary materials to qualify for a 7.5 percent discount on your workers’ compensation premiums. For more information, contact Mary Bickerstaff at email@example.com or 229.317.7183.
Savings On Office Supplies
The Albany Area Chamber in collaboration with the Georgia Chamber offers a program to reduce costs for members through the Staples Advantage Program.
- Members save an average of 15 percent-30 percent off Staples’ already low prices
- Best buy list of 2,000 most frequently purchased items
- Free next day delivery for orders more than $50
- More than office supplies – a fully integrated solution with discounts on furniture, technology, promo, facilities and breakroom
- Print solutions: $0.02 black/white, $0.23 color copies, 50 percent off finishing services
Our partnership with the National Chamber brings additional cost savings for you, our members through the Office Depot Discount Program. Save on what you need to do business, while supporting your chamber.
- Members save up to 55 percent on 500+ items that chamber members purchase most often, including special discounts on ink and toner.
- Free next day delivery on orders over $50, with the ability to shop instore or online.
- Members get deep discounts on Copy & Print services. 2.5₵ black & white, 22₵ color copies and 40 percent off finishing services every day!
Sign up online to start saving! There is no cost to join.
UPS Shipping Discounts
The Albany Area Chamber in partnership with the Georgia Chamber is pleased to announce a new discount program with UPS, which gives members some of the most competitive rates available on UPS shipping services, including domestic air, ground and international.
SCORE is America’s premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs. We offer advice online and in-person at one of 364 offices nationwide.
Small Business Resources
Small businesses are a vital part of our economy, our community and your chamber. In order to assist our Small Business Member we provide a wide array of services and benefits.