The City is continuing its efforts to provide relief and restore power after the widespread devastation.
Updates on those efforts are as follows:
- Power has been restored to approximately 1,500 homes as of yesterday.
- Linemen from the Jacksonville Electric Authority joined crews today.
- Six (6) additional crews have joined the 14 crews already working with debris clean up throughout the impacted areas.
- The City has partnered with the Red Cross and they are providing the following shelters.
o Albany Civic Center (100 W. Oglethorpe)
o Avalon United Methodist Church (3018 Gillionville)
- 11 Good Samaritan shelters have also opened.
The Church at the Groves (25)
130 McIntosh Farms Rd., Leesburg
East Albany Church of God (75-100)
216 Pine Bluff Rd., Albany
Raleigh White/New Seasons (40-60)
2804 Philips Dr., Albany
(Partner Churches: FBC, Albany & FBC, Leesburg)
First Baptist Church of Albany (100-130)
145 Oakland Pkwy., Leesburg
Amazing Grace Baptist Church (150)
(Partner Churches: Forrester, Greenbriar & The Refuge)
2117 Ledo Rd., Albany
Byne Baptist Church (150)
2832 Ledo Rd., Albany
First Baptist Church of Leesburg (30-35)
(Partner Church: FUMC, Leesburg)
135 Main St., Leesburg
Sherwood Baptist Church (100)
2201 Whispering Pines Rd., Albany
Mt Zion Baptist Church (60)
1905 MLK Dr., Albany
Albany Family Worship Center
3024 Kensington Ct., Albany
Contact: Bobby Paul 434-0324
Albany Christian Church
1501 Whispering Pines Rd., Albany
32520 Sylvester Rd., Albany
Cutliff Grove Baptist Church
839 W. Broad Ave., Albany
Trumpet of God Ministries
600 Pine Ave., Albany
The City appreciates the community’s patience during this time. We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.